Banana Gooey Bars
These are the gooiest bars you will ever make. I challenge you to eat just one bar…I seriously can’t! They are too good!
200g brown sugar
100g caster sugar
1 large egg
2 large bananas (approximately 250g once peeled)
A pinch of salt
1 Tbsp baking powder
350g plain flour
250g condensed milk
200g milk chocolate chips or chunks
- Preheat your oven to 170 degrees.
- Grease and line a 9 x 9 baking tin.
- Cream together the butter and both sugars.
- Beat in the egg.
- Mash the bananas and add them in too.
- Add in the salt, baking powder and cornflour and mix thoroughly.
- Add in the flour in three additions, beating well after each addition.
- Pour the batter into the cake tin, making sure it covers the entire base.
- Sprinkle the top with 100g of your chocolate chunks/chips.
- Pour the condensed milk over the top, carefully making sure it is evenly spread.
- Sprinkle the remaining 100g of chocolate over the top.
- Bake in the centre of your oven for 35-45 minutes until it has a slight wobble. The top will have bubbled up and be golden. The bars will firm up more out of the oven.
You can slice and serve whilst still warm (and very gooey) or serve them at room temperature.