Jam Heart Biscuits
125g soft unsalted butter (at room temperature)
100g caster sugar
1 egg yolk
225g plain flour
2 tsp milk
Pot of jam
Heart cookie cutter
2 lined flat baking trays
This recipe will make approximately 18 biscuits
1) Preheat your oven to 170C.
2) In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar.
3) Add in the egg yolk and mix thoroughly.
4) Stir in the flour and milk and mix.
5) Empty the mixture on to your work surface and using your hands, gently bring the dough together – the warmth of your hands will help this to happen.
6) Using a rolling pin (if you don’t have one, a tin of baked bins will do the job too), roll your dough out to about the thickness of a pound coin and using your cutter, cut out your hearts! (You may need to flour your surface to stop the dough sticking).
7) Lay your hearts on a lined baking tray (lined with either baking parchment or foil). Gently push the back of a teaspoon or a 1/4 teaspoon measuring spoon into the centre of each heart to make a small well.
8) Fill each well with jam. You really only need about ¼ teaspoon for each biscuit. Don’t be tempted to overfill.
9) Bake in your oven for 11-15 minutes until the edges of the biscuits have turned light golden brown.
10) Once baked, remove from the oven and transfer to a wire rack or plate.
Store these biscuits at room temperature in a parchment lined air tight container for up to 3