Speculoos and Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies
120g unsalted butter (at room temperature)
180g light brown sugar
150g smooth Speculoos spread
200g plain flour
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 packet of dark chocolate chips
1) Cream together your butter and sugar. You can do this by hand, but I used my beautiful Kitchen Aid!
2) Add in the Speculoos spread and mix together.
3) Add in the egg and mix (scrape down the sides of the bowl so that no mixture gets left out.)
4) Measure out the flour and bicarbonate of soda together and add them in to the mixture a half at a time. Mix well after each addition.
5) You should now have a dough! Pour in the chocolate chips and make sure they are evenly spread through the dough.
6) Pop your dough in the fridge for at least 20 minutes, and 10 minutes before the end of the chilling time, preheat your oven to 170, and line two baking trays with baking paper. Once out of the fridge, your dough will be firmer.
7) Roll your dough in to balls, flatten them slightly and space them well apart on the baking trays.
8) Bake in your oven for 12-15 minutes. The cookies will still be soft when they have finished baking, so carefully remove them from the baking sheet and leave to cool on a wire rack or cake plate.
These cookies should be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.