Malteser, Rolo & Crunchie Cookies
These cookies have a deliciously crispy outside due to the crunchie bars, a malty chocolate flavour due to the maltesers and a goey chocolatey, caramel centre due to the rolo!
100g unsalted butter
125g light brown sugar
150g caster sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 egg + 1 egg yolk
325g plain flour
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
2 packets of Rolos
4 treat size Crunchie bars
1) Preheat your oven to 180 degrees.
2) Line a baking tray with baking parchment.
3) Measure the brown sugar and butter into a bowl together.
4) Place the bowl in the microwave for 30-40 seconds to melt the butter and sugar. (This will stop there being lumps of sugar in the cookies!)
5) Add the melted butter and brown sugar into the caster sugar and mix.
6) Add in the egg and egg yolk and mix.
7) Add in the vanilla extract.
8) Add in the flour & bicarb and mix.
9) Measure out the maltesers and put them into a sandwich bag. Give them a good whack with a rolling pin and then empty the crushed maltesers into your cookie dough and make sure they are thoroughly dispersed!
10) Using the same sandwich bag, put the crunchie bars inside, whack them with the rolling pin and empty the chocolately honeycombe crunch into a bowl.
11) Make an assembly line of cookie dough, rolos and crushed crunchies.
13) Make sure the rolo is surrounded completely by dough and roll the dough ball in the crushed crunchie.
14) Place the dough balls on to a baking tray in batches of 6 and place in the oven for 14-16 minutes.
***NB:If like me, your oven is hotter on one side, make sure you turn your tray around about 2 or 3 minutes before the end of the baking time!***
15) Once removed from the oven, transfer the cookies to a wire rack or cake plate immediately.
***NB:Remember the golden rule – cookies should still be soft when you take them out of the oven! If they are hard when they come out of the oven, you may well break a tooth on them when they finally cool!***
This recipe makes 16-18 cookies and should be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.