Fudgy Flapjack Fingers
Looking for something different for breakfast? Well look no further! Did I say breakfast? I mean lunch, dinner, snack time, midnight feast etc too….
175g unsalted butter
60g golden syrup
175g porridge oats
100g light brown sugar
60g fudge pieces
1 crushed flake bar (optional)
1) Preheat your oven to 180 degrees.
2) Grease a traybake tin.
3) Measure your butter and syrup directly into your saucepan.
4) Set the saucepan over a medium heat and allow the butter and syrup to melt.
5) Meanwhile measure the porridge into your mixing bowl.
6) Add in the sugar.
7) Measure your cornflakes directly into a sandwich bag.
8) Make sure the sandwich bag is properly sealed and then crush the cornflakes. (You can use your hands, or whack them against a cupboard door…whatever floats your boat).
9) Add the crushed cornflakes to the porridge and sugar.
10) Add the melted butter & syrup mix into the dry ingredients and stir to mix.
11) Once mixed, add your fudge pieces and give a final stir.
12) Turn your mixture out into your traybake tin and flatten down so that the whole tin is covered.
13) Bake in the oven for 18-20 minutes. (Do not worry that your mixture will still be bubbling when you remove it from the oven).
14) As soon as they are out of the oven, using a sharp knife, score lines into the flapjacks. Score a line down the middle, then the middle of each half, then middle of each quarter. You should then score a line across the middle. You will be left with 16 flapjack fingers.
15) If you like (I do) sprinkle crushed flake over your flapjacks.
16) Wait until the flapjacks are completely cold before removing them from the tin. Do it very very carefully, because they are delicate. But, if they do break it isn’t the end of the world….its not like you have broken a real finger!!!
Note: These are a delicious sweet treat for breakfast….lunch…dinner…snack-time….ok whenever, but they are a nice alternative to a cereal bar!