Looking for something different for breakfast? Well look no further! Did I say breakfast? I mean lunch, dinner, snack time, midnight feast etc too….
175g unsalted butter
60g golden syrup
175g porridge oats
100g light brown sugar
60g Cornflakes60g of your choice of either blueberries, raisins, nuts, chocolate chips or fudge pieces.
You will need a traybake tin
1) Preheat your oven to 180 degrees.
2) Grease a traybake tin.
3) Measure your butter and syrup directly into your saucepan.
4) Set the saucepan over a medium heat and allow the butter and syrup to melt.
5) Meanwhile measure the porridge into your mixing bowl.
6) Add in the sugar and mix together.
7) Measure your cornflakes directly into a sandwich bag.
8) Make sure the sandwich bag is properly sealed and then crush the cornflakes. (
9) Add the crushed cornflakes to the porridge and sugar and mix.
10) Add the melted butter & syrup mix into the dry ingredients and stir to mix.
11) Once mixed, add your blueberries/raisins/nuts/chocolate chips/fudge pieces and give a final stir.
12) Turn your mixture out into your traybake tin and flatten down so that the whole tin is covered.
13) Bake in the oven for 18-20 minutes. (Do not worry that your mixture will still be bubbling when you remove it from the oven).
14) As soon as they are out of the oven, using a sharp knife, score lines into the flapjacks exactly where you would like to cut them when they are cool.
15) Wait until the flapjacks are completely cold before removing them from the tin. Do it very very carefully, because they are delicate.
Note: These are a delicious sweet treat for breakfast….lunch…dinner…snack-time….ok whenever, but they are a nice alternative to a cereal bar!