Cookie Dough Cheesecake Slices
The perfect cookie & cheesecake partnership without the usual faff of making a cheesecake. This is incredibly easy to make! and incredibly easy to eat too!
For the base:
16 rich tea biscuits
16 ginger biscuits
For the cheesecake:
350g full fat cream cheese
75g caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla
100g milk chocolate chips
For the cookie dough topping:
150g brown sugar
100g caster sugar
190g plain flour
Pinch of salt
3 Tablespoons milk
100g white chocolate chips
1) Preheat your oven to 160 degrees.
2) Line a traybake tin with parchment.
3) In a saucepan melt the butter over a low light.
4) In a food processor crush the biscuits until they resemble fine breadcrumbs.
5) Pour the butter over the biscuits, mix and then empty into the traybake tin. Ensure that the entire base of the tin is evenly covered.
6) Put the tin in the oven for 8 minutes. Once the 8 minutes are up remove from the oven and leave to the side until you are ready to fill with cheesecake mixture. Keep the oven on.
Whilst the base is baking, you can make the cheesecake filling and cookie dough topping.
Start with the cookie dough topping:
7) Using a handheld beater or freestanding mixer, beat together the butter and both sugars until fully combined.
8) In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa and salt.
9) Add the sifted dry ingredients to the main bowl, along with the milk and mix until you have a thick dough.
10) Pour in the white chocolate chips and make sure they are evenly spread through the dough. Set the bowl aside.
Now make the cheesecake filling:
11) Using a handheld beater or freestanding mixer, beat together the cream cheese and sugar until smooth.
12) Beat in the egg and vanilla until incorporated.
13) Fold in the milk chocolate chips.
We’re now ready to assemble our cookie dough cheesecake bars!
14) Pour the cheesecake filling over the biscuit base. Carefully spread the filling so that it covers the entire base (the biscuit crumbs will still be a little loose, so be careful not mix them into the cheesecake).
15) Drop lumps of the cookie dough on top of the cheesecake. You will end up covering most of the cheesecake, and don’t worry, it’s not supposed to look even!
16) Bake in your oven for 28-32 minutes until the cheesecake has set.
17) Remove from the oven, allow to cool and then place in the fridge for at least 3 hours, but overnight is preferable.
18) Once chilled, remove from the fridge, cut into slices and serve at room temperature.
This recipe makes 24 cookies dough cheesecake slices.
Store the slices in the fridge and bring them to room temperature as and when you need them! They should last up to 5 days in the fridge.