Chocolate Chunk Biscuits
Chocolate chunk biscuits are great for keeping the children occupied and great for everyone to eat!
60g soft unsalted butter (at room temperature)
50g caster sugar
1 egg yolk
110g plain flour
30g milk chocolate chunks
2 lined flat baking trays
This recipe will make approximately 12 chocolate chunk biscuits
1) Preheat your oven to 170C.
2) In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar.
3) Add in the egg yolk and mix thoroughly.
4) Stir in the flour and mix until you have a soft sticky dough.
5) Empty the mixture on to your work surface and using your hands, gently bring the dough together – the warmth of your hands will help this to happen.
6) Pour in the chocolate chunks and make sure they are evenly distributed throughout the dough.
7) Roll the mixture into balls, flatten them slightly and then place them on the baking tray. Do not worry about spacing these out as they do not spread a lot.
8) Bake in the oven for 15-18 minutes until they are light golden brown around the edges.
9) Allow the cookies to cool on a wire rack.
Store these biscuits at room temperature in a parchment lined air tight container for up to 3