Brown Sugar Shortbread
These shortbread are melt in the mouth delicious, super easy to make and naturally egg free.
150g unsalted butter
80g soft light brown sugar
175g plain flour
pinch of salt
A couple of tablespoons of caster sugar to sprinkle over when baked
2 lined flat baking trays
(The amount of shortbread you will make entirely depends on how big you make your biscuits, but you will make at least 18)
1) In a large bowl, cream together the butter and brown sugar.
2) Add in the flour, cornflour and pinch of salt, and combine using your hands.
3) Using your hands, roll your dough into a log shape, cover the dough log with cling film and chill in the fridge for at least one hour.
4) 15 minutes before you are ready to bake, remove the dough from the fridge and preheat
the oven to 160.
5) Remove the log from the fridge and cut your shortbread into fingers or squares .
6) Prick the shortbread all over with a fork to help release air when baking. Your shortbread will still spread a bit, but this way they won’t end up as shortbread puddles!
7) Bake for 25-30 minutes until lightly golden brown around the edges.
8) Leave to cool for a minute or two on the baking tray before fully cooling on a wire rack.
9) Whilst cooling, sprinkle with more sugar (place a baking tray underneath to catch the excess sugar).
Store these biscuits at room temperature in a parchment lined air tight container for up to 3