Banana Caramel Cookie Slice
Bananas, caramel and cookies….what’s not to like? Seriously…what is not to like? 🙂
110g soft unsalted butter
110g caster sugar
2 large egg yolks
Pinch of salt
165g plain flour
45g dark chocolate chips
2-3 sliced bananas
397g tin of caramel + 2 Tablespoons plain flour
(Optional) nuts to sprinkle on top
1) Preheat your oven to 180 degrees.
2) Grease and line a brownie tin. (Rectangular tin).
3) Beat together your butter and sugar until they are fully mixed.
4) Add in the egg yolks and beat thoroughly.
5) Fold in the flour until completely incorporated.
6) Pour in the chocolate chips and mix until the dough resembles….er…a dough! (You will have to get your hands involved in the mixing!)
7) Carefully press the dough into the base of the brownie tin, making sure that the dough covers the entire base, without any gaps!
8) Put the cookie dough into the oven for 18-20 minutes, until it is light golden brown.
9) In the meantime, mix the caramel with the tablespoons of flour to loosen. Slice your bananas.
10) Once light golden brown, remove the cookie base from the oven and (excuse the capitals but I need this to stand out) TURN YOUR OVEN DOWN TO 170).
11) Place your sliced bananas on top of the cookie base.
12) Carefully dollop (sorry can’t think of a better word) the caramel over the bananas, making sure you cover all of them and all of the base. Once you have finished dolloping you can carefully spread the caramel with a tea spoon or small spatula.
13) Return the tin to the oven for 18-20 minutes until the caramel has bubbled and has slightly browned.
14) Whilst still warm, top with chopped nuts (I used chopped roasted hazelnuts).
15) Wait until it has completely cooled before removing from the tin and slicing.
Store these slices in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.