The Language of Food Book Giveaway
Posted on April 19, 2022
I am so happy to be back with a very special competition with Simon & Schuster and Annabel Abbs!
The Language of Food by Annabel Abbs is the story of Eliza Acton, who in England in 1835 is a poet who dreams of seeing her words in print. But when she takes a new manuscript to a publisher, she’s told that ‘poetry is not the business of a lady.’ Instead, she’s asked to write a cookery book.
Eliza is horrified but her financial situation leaves her no choice. Although she’s never cooked before, she is determined to learn and to discover, if she can, the poetry in recipe writing. To assist her, she hires seventeen-year-old Ann Kirby, the daughter of local paupers. Over the next ten years, Eliza and Ann change the course of cookery writing forever.
From a poet who has never boiled an egg to a woman who breaks the mould of traditional cookbooks, The Language of Food is one remarkable book! It combines vibrant characterisations with gorgeous descriptive food writing, and you genuinely end each chapter salivating for the food that Eliza and Ann are making.
I loved this book so much, that just one short chapter in, I called my best friend Natasha (and fellow foodie) and told her she HAD to read this book! Unbelievably, she already was! She too had heard about it, was immediately engrossed, and like me, was also extremely hungry reading it!!
And I am so excited that The Language of Food by Annabel Abbs has been optioned for Screen by CBS Studio and Stampede Ventures!
You can get your copy of this utterly wonderful book here.
I am delighted that Simon & Schuster have given me a copy of The Language of Food by Annabel Abbs to giveaway!
There is one copy of The Language of Food to giveaway on instagram!
So how do you enter?
The instagram winner will be chosen at random from someone who follows me @SuzyPelta & @simonschusterUK and @annabelabbs on instagram and who has answered the competition question there. There are no limits to the amount of times you can enter on instagram and each new answer counts as a new entry into the competition. For a bonus entry, you can share the competition post to your story (making sure you tag @SuzyPelta AND @simonschusterUK and @annabelabbs). However if you are not following @SuzyPelta AND @simonschusterUK and @annabelabbs your answer will not count.
And now for the terms & conditions:
– The competition starts at 5.08pm on 19th April 2022.
– The competition closes at 9pm on 25th April 2022.
– The competition is only open to UK mainland entrants.
– The winner can not transfer the prizes and there is no cash alternative.
– The competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with instagram.
– The winner will be chosen at random and the decision is final.
– The winner will be notified within the week after the competition ends.
– The prize must be claimed within a month after the winner’s announcement. After that time the prize will be reallocated if unclaimed.
– In the event of me (Suzy Pelta) contracting Coronavirus, I will enlist a close friend or family member to continue running the competition on my behalf.
– The prizes will be delivered by the end of June 2022.