Hans Sloane Valentine’s Hearts
Posted on January 17, 2015
Earlier this week I was invited to Hans Sloane Chocolates HQ to learn how to make their Valentine’s Drinking Chocolate Hearts!!
Regular readers will know I’m a big fan of Hans Sloane Chocolates so I was very excited to see how it was all made!
The first thing that hit me was the incredible smell of chocolate as you entered the building. I literally felt like I was entering Willy Wonka’s factory!
First things first, I was made to wear a delightful outfit and then I was shown how the rich dark chocolate was tempered and I piped the chocolate into the heart moulds:
Then once the outside had set, I used the machine to make sure the hearts were hollow shells. I then learnt how to temper white chocolate and practised piping (very badly) before piping (very badly) onto the hearts I had made:
Then I filled the hearts with rich dark chocolate beads, carefully melted the edges of one heart and ‘glued’ them together!
It was brilliant fun, I learnt so much and I got to come home with a hamper filled with the chocolate hearts I had made for my family!
Each hamper includes:
Two Personalised Hearts which melt with hot water or milk to make TWO cups
of their indulgent Rich Dark Drinking Chocolate, (The winners will need to tell Hans Sloane the initial they would like personalised on the hearts!)
Two Hans Sloane Mugs and
Two Drinking Chocolate Chocolate Cocoa Pods (each one makes one drink).
This prize retails for £25 (additional £2 for personalisation) with £4.95 postage and you can buy it here!
So, how do you enter the Hans Sloane Competition?
There are no limits to the amount of twitter retweets and each twitter retweet counts as a new entry into the competition. However if you are not following @SuzyPelta AND @sloanechocolate your retweets will not count.
And now for the terms & conditions:
– The competition starts at 8.40pm on 17th January 2015.
– The competition closes at 9pm on 24th January 2015.
– The prizes will only be shipped to a UK mainland address.
– The winners can not transfer the prize.
– The winners will be chosen at random and the decision is final.
– The winners will be notified on 25th January 2015.
– The prizes must be claimed by midnight on 31st January 2015 for delivery before Valentines Day. The winners will not be able to claim the prizes after 31st January 2015.
– The prizes will be delivered by 14th February 2015.