Easy Peasy Rocky Road
This is my go to recipe for tea parties….well really for all occasions! It can be made ahead and then just taken out of the fridge when you need it! *Top Tip: When cutting your rocky road, save all of the ‘crumbs’ and bits that are surplus to requirements, as they are delicious with ice-cream!*
400g bar of Cadbury Dairy Milk
75g Kellogs Rice Krispies
5 Crunchie Bar (multipack size)
4 Mars Bars (snack size)
8 rich tea biscuits
- Line a 24 cm square tin with cling film.
- Melt the Dairy Milk in a large bowl that is set over a pan of simmering water.
- Meanwhile, cut the Crunchie and Mars Bars into pieces.
- Put the biscuits into a small sandwich bag, seal and crush by rolling a rolling pin over them.
- Measure out the Rice Krispies and set aside.
- Once melted, take the chocolate bowl off the heat.
- Add the Rice Krispies, Crunchie and Mars Bars and crushed rich tea biscuits to the melted chocolate.
- Stir until everything is covered in the melted chocolate, but do not over-stir as we do not want a smooth mixture!
- Transfer the mixture to your lined tin and use the back of a spoon to make sure that the whole tin is filled.
- Cover the top of the Rocky Road with cling film and put in the fridge for at least 3 hours (overnight is better!)
- Remove the cake from the fridge and let it sit for 20 minutes before slicing with a warm knife.
Note: Don’t worry if you can’t cut perfect Rocky Road slices…..I can’t either!!!