Cheats Nutella Fudge
This is a really easy (and a bit of a cheats) fudge as there is no sugar thermometer or even boiling of sugar needed at all! Why not make these to giveaway to your friends? They may just invite you back!
1 x 397g tin of condensed milk
75g of sifted icing sugar
100g chopped hazelnuts (optional)
- Grease and line either a 20cm square tin or a 25cm x 18cm brownie tin, leaving an overhang of parchment on two sides, so that you can easily remove the fudge.
- In a large saucepan, melt together the Nutella and condensed milk.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir to loosen.
- Carefully add in the sifted icing sugar and stir until fully combined and thick.
- Pour the fudge into the prepared tin, making sure it covers the whole base of the tin. The fudge starts to set very quickly, so you want to minimise the amount of spreading that you have to do.
- Sprinkle over the chopped hazelnuts, pushing them in to the fudge slightly.
- Allow the fudge to cool, then pop it in to the fridge to set overnight.
- Once set, run a knife along the sides of the fudge to bring it away from the sides of the tin, and use the overhanging baking parchment to lift it out.
- Slice into squares.
You can store this fudge for around 2 weeks in the fridge.
*Top Tip – Leave out the icing sugar and you have got yourself a delicious nutella fudge sauce!*